Posted on | November 30, 2011 | Comments Off
In the cell phone buy back world, I have heard so many
complaints about the disconnect between how the consumer evaluates his/her old cell phone and how the buyer does. The typical complaint goes something like this.
- I have an old cell phone I think is still worth something
- A google search takes me to a company that says my phone is worth $xxx.xx (YEAH! I’m rich!)
- I send my phone to them (I’m so excited) and then I get a check back for about 10% of what I expected (not so excited now)
- OH BOY! I am going to give them super-duper bad feedback. REALLY BAD FEEDBACK!!!
- Now, I need to get my phone back. WHAT? I can’t get my phone back?
- You are now beyond mad…(and nothing you can do about it. Yup, the fine print says you are stuck.)
Enter TechOrchard. They offer a “Best Price Guarantee”
where “We will beat any price for an iPhone 4, or we’ll send you a free $5 Starbucks Gift Card!” I know it sounds almost too good to be true. But take a look at their testimonial on their home page. Those are powerful testimonials:
I had to sit down with TechOrchard CEO, Phil Poje,
and ask how it really works. Phil told me it is as simple as:
- You want to sell your iPhone
- You visit www.TechOrchard.com and have a quote in 60 seconds
- You receive your packaging from TechOrchard (no cost to you) and ship your iPhone
- TechOrchard evaluates your iPhone to confirm your evaluation
- If you both agree, the cut you a payment within 3 days
- IF TechOrchard doesn’t agree with your evaluation of your iPhone, THEY CONTACT YOU TO WORK IT OUT. If you can’t work out an agreeable price, THEY SHIP YOUR iPHONE BACK TO YOU.
I was not surprised when Phil said that they have not had to ship any iPhones back. And they do the same for iPads.
So if you are in the market to upgrade your old iPhone and you want to get top dollar for it, I would make TechOrchard.com your first stop.
And if you have already used TechOrchard.com and you have an opinion, feel free to leave it.