The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Mid-America Chapter and Clements Associates LLC, providers of the Telecom Efficiency Study announce the launch of
Cells for Cells – Recycle for a Cure.
Cells for Cells – Recycle for a Cure program reconditions, resells, and recycles used cell phones that have been donated by individuals and companies. This unique fundraiser will help find cures for blood cancers and will keep electronic waste out of our landfills. A portion of the money raised goes to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. If you know someone who has an immediate blood cancer need, please call the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Information Resource Center (IRC) at 800-955-4572.
- The average American cell phone user has a total of 3 or more cell phones in their possession.
- For the first time in 2006, cell phone shipments topped 1 billion.
- In the U.S. approximately 130 million cell phones will be retired each year of which less than 2% are recycled.
- Every five minutes, someone is diagnosed with blood cancer
- Approximately 118,310 new cases are expected this year.
- An estimated 785,829 Americans are living with blood cancers.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has committed $660,000.00 to support research in Missouri.
- In 2006, the Mid-America Chapter gave $100,000.00 in Patient Aid to local families.
How can I help?
- Donate your old phones that you have at home or at work
- call to schedule a pick up – OR –
- drop off your used phones at The Leukemia & Lymphoma’s office 6811 W. 63rd Street Cloverleaf Building 1 Suite 202 Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
- Sponsor a Cells for Cells Drive at your office
- it is so simple – schedule a Cells for Cells Drive at your location – usually just 5 or 10 days
- we provide a Cells for Cells donation box
- we provide a Cells for Cells email and flyer to let your fellow employees know to bring their old phones from home
- At the conclusion of your drive, we’ll collect the Cells for Cells donation boxes for you and let you know how your office/company performed
- Spread the word
Many recycling programs remove the recycling and fundraising dollars out of Kansas City. Won’t you consider keeping Kansas City’s recycling dollars in KC and supporting our local Mid-America Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
I hope that you’ll agree that this program is worth your support.