I recently had the pleasure to meet with Gordon Ho of Innovative Solutions Consulting Group – ISCG. I’ve known of Gordon in the wireless space in Kansas City for about 8 years; but I never sat down with him. I know that he is an innovator (see: his company name) and a forward-thinking entrepreneur. So I finally called him to discuss business, the wireless industry and a strategic relationship between ISCG and Cells for Cells.
ICSG is a Nextel Sprint partner that offers new service, upgrades, and repair services. The BIG DIFFERENTIATOR with ISCG is their knowledge of SERVING THE CUSTOMER. In Kansas City, they have one of the few mobile/on-site services, where they come out to your office to service your cell phones. I would call that innovative!
Gordon and I spoke further about about working together to get more exposure for Cells for Cells and ICSG.
Here’s the quick-hit Q & A from Gordon Ho of ISCG:
Jason: Why is ISCG part of Cells for Cells?
Gordon: It’s a great cause for one. Secondly it’s important to our environment to recycle old devices and parts safely.
Jason: Was it an easy decision or Why was it an easy decision to participate?
Gordon: Very easy! Both ISCG and Cells for Cells share the same goals. That’s what makes participating an easy decision.
Jason: Do you have a one sentence statement of why customers/businesses should do business with ISCG?
Gordon: ISCG-How business get’s done! It’s pretty simple, but that how our clients rely on us. We handle their wireless and we simply get business done.
Jason: Do you have any quick recycling tips/cell phone tips for customers?
Gordon: Batteries have born on dates on the battery. If nearing the expiration date we can swap out that battery for a fresh battery with a newer date and we can recycle the old battery.
Jason: Any upcoming events that we can promote for you?
Gordon: We are sponsoring a tent at Country in the Woods on Sunday, June 22 from 4pm to 10 pm. Lonestar headlines the event at Corporate Woods in Overland Park, Kansas.
Innovative does have a wireless “how-to” blog; but it looks like the last update was in 2007. I wish they would update that because it has some really great tips. I am going to copy one of their tips right here because it is so useful for many Cells for Cells partners.
From Innovative Solutions Blog “How To Erase all contact information on a Blackberry.”
>Options>Security>General Settings>Wipe Handheld Sets the phone back to factory defaults but some information may still remain. To completely wipe the handheld, here are a couple tips.
1) Assign a password to the device and then input the password wrong 10 times !
* To assign a password to a BB device: Go to home screen and select “Options” (this is an icon that looks like a wrench). Select “Security” from the Options list. Go to the line item that says Password. Use the trackwheel to enable the password. When you save the settings, the device will ask you to enter a new password. Assign a alphanumeric password to the device.
* Input the password wrong 10 times: Power cycle the device (power if off and then back on). The device will ask you for your password. Input a wrong password 10 times. The device will give you a few warning messages. After the 10th attempt, the device will erase all user data and do a power cycle.
1) Erase all data using the “desktop manager” software
* Launch the Blackberry “desktop manager” software utility on your PC and make sure that it is connected to the BB device in the cradle.
* Launch “Backup and Restore” utility from the desktop manager menu.
* Click on the button that says “Advanced..”.
* The application will read all the data from the device, organize them, and then display on the screen (on the right column). Select all the data (email, calendar, phone logs, browser bookmarks, etc.) that you want to erase. You can select multiple entries by holding on to the CTRL button while you select them. Click on the button labeled “Clear” to erase all the data from the device.
Thank you, Gordon for your time and partnership.
If you are interested in learning more about Innovative Solutions and their Innovative customer service, you can contact Gordon directly at gho (at) isconline (dot) com or call him directly at (913) – 208 – 1025.