Keep Omaha Beautiful, Inc. is an environmental organization that does what its name implies. KOB is dedicated to litter reduction, beautification and education on recycling and solid waste issues.
In this interview, Cindy Smilley, the Executive Director of KOB since 1990, encourages everyone to connect with KOB. There are many opportunities for you to volunteer your time and dollars. Here is the link for you to explore ways to get involved with Keeping Omaha Beautiful.
1. What are the 4 easiest things that anyone can do right now to become a better recycler?
- Just decide to start recycling…..today.
- Find a place in your pantry, under the sink, or in the garage to place a recycling container. It doesn’t have to be fancy…just a box or container.
- Talk to your kids about the recycling numbers on the bottom of plastics and educate them about what can be recycled in Omaha (and in your area).
- Talk with your kids about recycling and have them watch you recycle…they can help too.
2. What are the neatest changes you have seen in how Omaha takes better care of our planet?
Strong environmental groups have started that are very inclusive. They work together rather than by themselves.
3. Name two companies that do excellent work in keeping Omaha beautiful. Continue Reading